Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blog 9

1. Does Knowledge Make You Happier?
Cornell and Malcolmson’s article states that Neo's overall experience in The Matrix film is an educational process similar to the release of the prisoner in the “Allegory of the Cave.”

Consider both the positive and the negative aspects of education as expressed in The Matrix and “The Allegory of the Cave” and compare them to your experience of education and the educational system. What are the benefits and the joys of learning and what are the downsides and pains of new knowledge? Is it all worth it? Use examples from the texts, your readings this semester, and personal experience to support your ideas.

             Knowledge make us happier. When you get to know more about the things, you aren't going to to do stupid or dangerous things. Knowledge can make us convenient and avoid things, such as, weather forecast; earthquake forecast and so on. Knowledge can make us happier because some technology can connect people even we far away from each other. That's can make us more closer for each other. 
             If you are the new yorker same as me, you will know the weather is very changeable in here. If we don't have the knowledge to find the weather report, we must will sick from this weather because we don't know what we need to wear every day. That's the big problem to us everyday before we plan to go out. Nowadays, everyone is busy for their own business even for me. I'm busy at school during the week and busy at work in the weekend. I don't have many time to travel to my country to visit my relates and friends but now we have many social net work can get connect to each other such as telephone and net chat that we can talk face to face though the internet with the computer almost like "in person". I really happy when i see my friends.
             Knowledge  doesn't easy to gain. you need to pay time on it and you need to practice. Sometimes are very painful during learning. The same situation happened to me, When i first time apply to the school, we have a enter school placement test such as reading , writing skill ,math test. Few days after i got the result, i failed the all english subject test that is mean i can't take regular class to meet my major. First i have to take english class then past all of them. I can take regular class after. I was so sad because i need to pay much more time to concentrate on english first that mean i'll graduated later than other students and lots of money too. I'm still in processing on my english. I worked hard but sometimes even you doing a lot of study you still can't get the result that you expect. I past the reading last semester that i feel happy when i got the result. You will feel sad and doesn't satisfied very much during the process but you learnt something and you got improve after you achieve the point.
             As a result, I think gain for the knowledge worth it because we can find benefit from it. I think people have a desire that has a strong thirst for knowledge. That's why this desire is the reason that lead us to learn the things and gain the knowledge. Every time you know or learn something new, but you doesn't know before, after that you will feel very happy because you learn something.

1 comment: